- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 02-15-2018
February is Spay and Neuter Awareness Month! You may have heard that spaying or neutering your pet has benefits; But what are those benefits? From health and behavioral to even being more cost effective in the long term, here are 6 benefits of Spaying or Neutering your cat or dog!
1. Spaying your female pet before their first heat is best practice. They’ll be less likely to get diseases such as pyrometra (a fatal uterine infection), uterine cancers and breast tumors.
2. A neutered male cat or dog is less likely to have prostate issues or get testicular cancer.
3. Spayed female pets won’t go in to heat. This reduces the unwanted behaviors that go along with their cycle such as, yowling and frequent urination in female cats.
4. Male pets that are neutered have less aggression issues, are less likely to mark their territory with strong-scented urine, and less likely to run away or roam in search of a mate.
5. The cost of spaying or neutering your cat or dog is less than the cost of raining puppies or kittens for a year.
6. If your pet is spayed or neutered then it means less puppies and kittens going into shelters. Not only will you be benefiting your pet, but you’ll help with the shelter overpopulation issue!
We are a Lakefield Veterinary Group℠ Practice
|Monday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|8:00 AM||8:00 AM||8:00 AM||8:00 AM||8:00 AM||9:00 AM||Closed|
|6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||12:00 PM||Closed|
LOVE this place!! Best employees!! They are so patient with the animals but also the emotional owners!! They just called me to check on my dog who has been sick lately - can't express enough how awesome they all are!! Thank you for caring & being patient!!